Thursday, April 16, 2009

'The Golden Pin' to premiere at Toronto's Inside Out Gay and Lesbian Film & Video Festival...


I'm thrilled to let you know that a film I co-wrote and helped produce, The Golden Pin, will be screening at next month's Inside Out Gay and Lesbian Film and Video Festival in Toronto.

Directed and co-written by my good friend, Cuong Ngo, the short film tells the story about a young Vietnamese-Canadian swimmer who struggles to follow a different path than that chosen for him by his father. The Golden Pin explores the consequences of burying our own needs in matters of the heart.

I am so proud of this film. Filming it was life-changing, I agree. ;-) The entire team who put this together was outstanding. There are plans to adapt it into a feature film. Stay tuned.

The first screening is set for Wed May 20th at 7:15 pm at Toronto's Isabel Bader Theatre. For more on the Toronto Inside Out film festival, click here...

5 comments:

Matt Guerin said...

Thanks so much!

Karen said...

Congratulations and the best of luck with it.

James in TO said...

I didn't know you were screenwriting too! Cool!

Matt Guerin said...

Hey James - Yep, it's been something I've been pursuing seriously for a few years, I'm very proud of this short. Hopefully you can make the screening?

David Guerin said...

Hey Matt,

Congratulations on getting your work transferred from the page to the big screen! It was very exciting to be at the world premiere of your movie! You should all be very proud.

I also think you must've had the largest contingent of non-LGBT supporters in the house. LOL.