Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Iggy should let democracy do its thing in Outremont!

Continuing press coverage of the recent decision by Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff to block former Liberal Justice Minister Martin Cauchon from running again in the Outremont riding has forced me to speak up.

Let me add my voice to the growing chorus of Liberal bloggers in favour of democracy in the riding of Outremont. I've always been a fan of Martin Cauchon, particularly the leadership he showed in promoting equal marriage, as well as the decriminalization of marijuana. These are issues which stand us apart from the ruling troglodytes in the Conservative Party.

I also have little respect for the likes of Denis Coderre, a man who actually enjoys the sleazy aspects of political life, as far as I can tell.

Michael Ignatieff, please let Martin Cauchon run for the nomination in Outremont. He's a proven winner there, with a great following among progressives right across the country. Let's not botch that riding again and hand Thomas Mulcair another victory!

2 comments:

Lizt. said...

I fully agree, to the point, that I wrote to Bob Rae and voiced my opinion,and also about Coderre getting away with too much, as if he were leader.

Patrick Ross said...

Thomas Mulcair, however, has done a solid job as the MP of Outremont, and given himself a solid case for reelection, even against a galvanized opponent.

He's no Rahim Jaffer -- that much is for certain.