Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yay for George Smitherman!

Ontario Health Minister George Smitherman yesterday slammed Health Canada's recent announcement officially banning gay men from donating organs, except of course when the recipients consent to receiving them.

As stated previously, this "new" policy announcement was completely bungled by Tony Clement's federal health department. In the end, it was simply another opportunity for the Harper-crites to reinforce one of their favourite falsehoods: that gay men are inherently unhealthy.

I tore up my organ donor card after I first heard about this "new" rule, despite the fact that my organs can still be used after my death. I'm sure many other gay men did the same. That was the real impact of this fiasco - fewer healthy organs are now available. When will I get a new organ donor card? Not sure.

No comments: