Thursday, November 22, 2007

Conservapedia/Extremist-Propaganda...

I came across this site recently - truly disgusting propaganda, is all I can say about it.

It's always annoying that far-right extremists can co-opt the term "conservative" to suit their own over-the-top ends. I know many decent, reasonable, moderate conservatives who aren't raving, far-right loonies like the people who set up this site. I guess those moderate conservatives will just have to keep using Wikipedia?

Check out the stats on the most popular pages on this extremist site to find out the kinds of people who frequent it. Once again, the far-right's strange obsession with hot man-on-man action continues. What are they telling us?

If nothing else, this proves that just because you can publish an article on a website ending with "...pedia" doesn't mean there's any truth to the content.

3 comments:

Jay said...

Oh my.

You see the pages they are hitting?

Me thinks they should visit a "safe sex" info site or at least be a little more cautious about who they sleep with.

I not sure if I am the only one who notices this but I have lived in several gay communities in the Americas. One thing that strikes me in a strange way are those gay types who prefer that homosexuality was not accepted because the taboo is what they actually like. The acceptance of it makes it somewhat less appealing, less risky, and somehow less macho. Personally I think the issue is it takes away their ability to lead a double life with gawd only know who or maybe its for the church/community. Am I crazy or have you noticed these people too?

Oldschool said...

Checked out the site . . . rather inoquous . . . if you want to see some real far-out types . . . check out moveon.org . . .
Lots of the blogs on this site are more offensive . . . but of course we call it "free speach" . . . so blog away.

Reality Bites said...

It's always annoying that far-right extremists can co-opt the term "conservative" to suit their own over-the-top ends.

They did it first with the term "Christian." A tiny, extremist minority have turned the word into a synonym for bigot.